Old Black Colony Water Tank
Water Tank Project (CIP FY 2023-2027)
The City of Buda is proposing to construct a new elevated water storage tank on property associated with Whispering Hollow Park. In 2017, a study reported a need for additional storage in the City's central pressure plane to stabilize pressures and ensure Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) mandated elevated supply for current residents and growth. Then in 2020, an engineering study located the proposed elevated water tank in the best area to serve current and future customers within the central pressure plane. In 2021, Alliance Regional Water Authority (ARWA) competed their pipeline between Kyle and Buda that parallels Old Black Colony Road. This gives the City a third source of water and provides us with a stabile long term supply of water.
OBC Tank informational sheet from Five-Year Capital Improvement Plan (CIP) FY 2023-2027.
More information about the new elevated storage tank can be found in the Frequently Asked Questions document, the "water tank presentation," an other supporting documents below:
Community Engagement related to the proposed location and construction of the Old Black Colony Water Tank:
- Water Tank Community Meeting Flyer
- In-Person Meeting for Buda residents - 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 23, 2023, Whispering Hollow Park Pavilion.
- Purpose - feedback on location, site design considerations, and park amenities
- Proposed site will be flagged (marked off) to let attendees see the area
- Virtual Meeting for Buda residents - 6 p.m. Thursday, May 18, 2023, via Zoom.
- Whispering Hollow and Summer Pointe Homeowner Association Leaders - 5-6 p.m. Wednesday, May 10, 2023, City Hall, Room 1005.
- Purpose - Give HOA leaders information about the project so that they can be informed and share information with members.