- Senior Citizen Resources
- Buda Community Partners Program (BCPP)
BUDA COMMUNITY PARTNERS PROGRAM (BCPP)
Community Partners are older residents, Community-based Organizations (CBOs), boards, commissions, businesses and other community members in a mutually beneficial relationship with the Task Force on Aging (TFOA) to make Buda more livable and Age-Friendly. We do this by promoting an understanding of aging and committing to creating a place that provides the services and support older residents and people of all ages in Buda, Texas need to live and thrive.
TFOA reviews applications for new community partners at the monthly TFOA meetings. Questions about the Buda Community Partner Program can be addressed to Isabel Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Task Force on Aging seeks to assist the City of Buda to succeed in its commitment to become a more Age-Friendly City as a member of the AARP Age-Friendly Network of Communities and States. The TFOA will include a strategy of nurturing relationships with all community partners to better reach and engage a broader cross section of residents. The important benefits from these partnerships will include:
- Extend the Task Force’s education and outreach capacities so more residents are informed about aging issues
- Identify broader community-based resources to develop and implement recommendations for age-friendly living
- Develop communication channels for distributing information on Ageism, Reframing Aging, Aging in Place and Aging in Community
- Increase the ability to translate aging issues into relevant framing and accessible language in order to affect policies and programs on aging
CRITERIA FOR POTENTIAL PARTNERS
The following are a basic set of criteria that we review during the application process for potential partners.
- Have an emphasis on aging services and programs in the community
- Demonstrate stability of their organization’s programs and services
- Have a connection to the City of Buda’s older residents
- Demonstrate willingness and ability to collaborate on projects with TFOA especially with maintaining AARP Age-Friendly City designation
- Provide a contact person to serve as the liaison with the TFOA
The TFOA is greatly interested in forming partnerships that align with our mission, goals and objectives to build a community where people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds have access to services that support aging in community.