Lee Urbanovsky, Mayor
The Honorable Lee Urbanovsky was first elected to City Council in 2016. While in his 2nd term and serving as Mayor Pro Tem on Council, he ran for and was elected Mayor in 2020. Mr. Urbanovsky’s professional career has been in development and construction. Throughout his professional construction career, he has managed complex, multi-faceted projects up to $100 million. Lee is currently the director of operations for a specialty contractor based in San Marcos. As part of his real-world experience, Lee is well-versed with managing budgets, analyzing financial reports, building highly effective teams and making payroll as a small business.
Mr. Urbanovsky’s roots run deep in Buda. He attended summer camp at Twin Oaks Ranch in the late 1980’s, bought his first home here in 2000, and has been a full-time resident for over 20 years. He met his wife Amy while living in Creekside Park. Amy is a former Buda Elementary School teacher and current educator at Elm Grove Elementary. Lee and Amy have 4 children ranging from 27 to 8 years old. Their children have attended Buda Elementary, Elm Grove Elementary, Carpenter Hill Elementary, Dahlstrom Middle School and Hays High School.
Mr. Urbanovsky grew up in a small town in central Texas in Milam County. He earned his Bachelor of Science degree in construction science from Texas A&M University in 1999. He attended Texas State University in 2004 while working on his MBA. He holds a Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification and has been acknowledged as an Accredited Professional in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED AP).
Mr. Urbanovsky serves on:
- Buda IT Steering Committee 2017 - 2018
- Alliance Water Board of Directors 2017 - present
- Bond Oversite Committee for Hays CISD 2017 - present
- Buda EDC Board or Directors 2019 - 2020
- Dupree Local Government Corporation for Buda 2019 – present
- Board of Directors - Greater SM Partnership 2019 – 2020
- Executive Board – Buda/Kyle Young Life 2019 – present
- Water/Wastewater Committee 2020 – present
- CAPCOG Board Member 2020 - present