- City Clerk
- Election Information
- Voter Information
Information for Voters
While the City Clerk's Office administers most election duties for the City, voter registration and determination of eligibility are managed by the Hays County Elections Administrator. Voter Registration Applications are available at the Buda Public Library; however, all questions regarding voter registration or eligibility should be directed to:
Elections Administrator/Voter RegistrationPLEASE REMEMBER: In order to be validly registered to vote in any election, your application for voter registration must be received by the voter registrar at least 30 DAYS PRIOR to election day. Registrations received after that time, while valid for future elections, will not enable you to vote at the next election.
712 South Stagecoach Trail Ste 1045
San Marcos, TX 78666
Website: Elections | Hays County (hayscountytx.com)
You can check your current registration status by phone by contacting the Elections Administrator's Office.
In order to cast a ballot in a City election, you must be both eligible to vote and registered to vote. Persons are generally eligible to vote if:
- They reside within the City Limits and are registered to vote at their in-City address.
- Are 18 years of age or older on the day of the election
- Are Citizens of the United States
- Are not disqualified as a convicted felon
- Have a registration that is valid on the day of the election
n order to cast an absentee ballot (i.e. vote by mail) you must meet the following criteria:
Absentee Ballots (Voting by Mail)
- be 65 years or older; or
- be disabled; or
- be out of the county on election day and during the period for early voting by personal appearance; or
- be confined in jail, but otherwise eligible.
Any questions about casting an absentee ballot should be forwarded to the Hays County Elections Administrator's Office at 512-393-7310.